Once you have found and downloaded a ringtone you would like to use on your iPhone, you can follow these steps:
- Open the Garageband app on your phone and select the default Keyboard mode to start a new project.
If you don’t have the app on your phone you can get it for free from the App Store here.
- Tap the lines button in the top left corner to get the Tracks view.
- Tap the loop icon in the top right corner.
Tap Files to get to the file browser.
- Choose “Browse items from the Files app” at the bottom of the screen
- On the next screen Choose “Browse” at the bottom and then “On My Phone”.
You may also be able to find your ringtone file in the Recent tab.
Choose the Zedge folder
Then select the ringtone file you want
- Touch and hold the ringtone to drag it into the Tracks view and drop it at the start of the timeline.
- When you are back in the Tracks View with your ringtone placed you tap the down arrow in the top left corner.
Then tap My Songs in the dropdown.
- On this screen tap Select in the top right corner.
Then select the “My Song” you just created and tap share in the bottom left corner.
On the share options screen choose Ringtone.
On this screen you can name your ringtone and then tap Export.
Voilá! You have a new ringtone on your phone. In this final dialog you can choose to set it right away as your ringtone or message tone. You can also go through sound settings and find your new ringtone there. It's a wrap!