Live/Video Wallpapers are short (5-30 second) video files that animate on user's mobile device screens.
(To see examples of video wallpapers in the Zedge app, download the Zedge app and click on the Video Wallpapers link in the left nav.)
You can build your video in a wide variety of applications, but your video file/animation should be saved in the following format
Format: .mp4 or .mov file
Video codec: H.264
Filesize maximum: 50 MB
Max framerate 60fps
Max animation/clip length: 30 seconds (We recommend < 10 seconds)
No audio track (audio will be stripped out if included)
To upload a new Video Wallpaper:
- From your Artist page, click the “+Add content” button in the Live Wallpapers section
- Click “Choose files” on the screen that appears
- Navigate to the location on your computer where you have housed the files you wish to upload.
- Select one or multiple files, then click “Open.”
- Video Wallpapers need to be MOV or MP4 files with dimensions no less than 810px wide x 1440px tall.
- Any files that are not in the proper format will display with a red exclamation mark in the Upload modal window and will fail to upload.
- All others will upload, and can now be managed by clicking the “Edit” button.
- Your file will be processed and within 5 minutes you should be able to see a preview of your animation within the Content Item Details page.
To add or edit metadata and monetization options for any Live Wallpaper:
- From your Artist page, click the “Edit” button in the Live Wallpapers section
- Your most recently uploaded files will appear at the top of the sort list.
- You can change the sort order by clicking “Sorting” in the upper left hand corner.
- You can filter your list of Live Wallpapers to display only active, or only inactive files, by clicking “Filter.”
- You can search for a specific file by entering its name in the search field.
- To edit the settings for any file, click its thumbnail.
Item Details screen
- You can see the current monetization options and other details about the Live wallpaper here. Note that all items you upload are set to locked and placed behind rewarded videos by default.
- To change those settings or any others, click the Edit button.
- Title: click this field to edit the file name. Since space is limited on mobile devices, it’s best to keep your titles brief.
- Lock: uncheck this box if you want the file to be available for free. Leave it checked if you want to earn money whenever users unlock it.
- Unlock options: If you lock a Live wallpaper, you currently have a choice between two different ways to earn money when users unlock it:
- Watch a video: If you select this option, users must watch a 10 to 30 second video ad in order to download your Live wallpaper. You will receive 70% of that day’s ad rate each time a user does so (ad rates vary by day, but generally range from $0.001 to $0.005).
- Pay with credits: If you prefer to set a specific price users must pay to unlock your Live wallpaper, select this option, then enter a price in U.S. dollars and cents. Note that we translate the price you enter here into Zedge Credits, our virtual currency, in the app, as we also give users lots of ways to earn free credits. Whether they pay for their credits or earn them for free, you will always receive 70% of whatever price you enter here when users unlock the live wallpaper.
- A note on pricing strategy: you will see far more downloads from items placed behind rewarded videos, but you might earn more total revenue by pricing your content. Our most successful artists offer users a mix: a few free items, some behind rewarded videos, and some priced. Most artists have been pricing their content anywhere from 25 cents to $10.00. Every dollar = 1,000 Zedge Credits, so if you price your item at $0.99, it will display in the app as costing 990 Zedge Credits.
- Tags: Click this field to enter any terms people might use to search for Live wallpapers like this one. Separate each term with a comma.
- External ID: If your item has an ID it uses outside of Zedge (such as an ISRC for audio recordings), you can enter it here to reconcile your royalty statement from Zedge with your own internal systems.
- Save: Don’t forget to click the Save button after entering or changing any info above.
- Show item in App: Switch this toggle once you’re ready to publish the live wallpaper to the Zedge app. Note that you must upload a preview image before you can publish it to the app.
- Preview image: Click the (upload) icon to add a preview image for your Live wallpaper. Images must be 1080px wide x 1920 px tall
- Delete: If you wish to remove a Live wallpaper from the tool entirely (as opposed to simply making it inactive in the app), click this button and hit confirm.
- Replace Preview Image: To replace the preview image, click the Replace preview image link and follow the instructions.