Audio: You can offer users unlimited streaming of individual audio tracks
(downloads will be coming soon)
(downloads will be coming soon)
To upload a new Audio track:
- From your Artist page, click the “+Add content” button in the Audio section
- Click “Choose files” on the screen that appears
- Navigate to the location on your computer where you have housed the files you wish to upload.
- Select one or multiple files, then click “Open.”
- Audio files need to be MP3 files. Any files that are not in the proper format will display with a red exclamation mark in the Upload window and will fail to upload.
- All others will upload, and can now be managed by clicking the “Edit” button.
To add or edit metadata and monetization options for any Audio track:
- From your Artist page, click the “Edit” button in the Audio section
- Your most recently uploaded tracks will appear at the top of the sort list.
- You can change the sort order by clicking “Sorting” in the upper left hand corner.
- You can filter your list of audio to display only active, or only inactive tracks, by clicking “Filter.”
- You can search for a specific track by entering its name in the search field.
- To edit the settings for any image, click its thumbnail.
Item Details screen
- You can see the current monetization options and other details about the track here. Note that all items you upload are set to locked and placed behind rewarded videos by default.
- To change those settings or any others, click the Edit button.
- Title: click this field to edit the track name. Since space is limited on mobile devices, it’s best to keep your titles brief.
- Lock: uncheck this box if you want the track to be available for free. Leave it checked if you want to earn money whenever users unlock it.
- Unlock options: If you lock a track, you currently have a choice between two different ways to earn money when users unlock it:
- Watch a video: If you select this option, users must watch a 10 to 30 second video ad before they can play your track. You will receive 70% of that day’s ad rate each time a user does so (ad rates vary by day, but generally range from $0.001 to $0.005).
- Pay with credits: If you prefer to set a specific price users must pay to unlock the track, select this option, then enter a price in U.S. dollars and cents. Note that we translate the price you enter here into Zedge Credits, our virtual currency, in the app, as we also give users lots of ways to earn free credits. Whether they pay for their credits or earn them for free, you will always receive 70% of whatever price you enter here when users unlock the track.
- Media: Click the (audio file) icon to preview the track.
- Tags: Click this field to enter any terms people might use to search for images like this one. Separate each term with a comma.
- External ID: If your item has an ID it uses outside of Zedge (such as an ISRC for audio recordings), you can enter it here to reconcile your royalty statement from Zedge with your own internal systems.
- Duration: This displays the length of your track in seconds.
- Save: Don’t forget to click the Save button after entering or changing any info above.
- Show item in App: Switch this toggle once you’re ready to publish the track to the Zedge app. Note that you must upload cover art before you can publish it to the app.
- Cover Art: Click the (upload) icon to add cover art for your track. Images must be 500x500 jpg files.
- Delete: If you wish to remove a track from the tool entirely (as opposed to simply making it inactive in the app), click this button and hit confirm.
- Replace cover art: To replace the cover art, click the Replace cover art link and follow the instructions.