There are multiple ways to think about Pricing your Premium Marketplace content items.
Items can be made available to app users in the following ways:
- Free - Typically, content creators do this when they're looking to use wallpaper and ringtones as ways to extend their existing brand properties to mobile devices.
- Video Unlocks - Allow app users to unlock the content items by watching a video ad. Video ad rates vary based on market forces. You can expect to see gross earnings of between $5-9 USD per thousand views. But because videos ads are typically only 30 seconds in duration and don't require users buy in-app-credits, you can expect to see many more downloads/unlocks.
- Zedge Credit Unlocks - You can price your content items at any price you'd like. Typically, we see sellers finding great success pricing between $.25 (250 Zedge Credits) to $1.99 (1990 Zedge credits) for Wallpapers and Ringtones. Live/Video Wallpapers can command higher prices. Sticker Packs vary in price based on the number of stickers in the pack and the design/popularity of the stickers.
- Additionally, Ringtone for iOS devices are required to be sold via iTunes and purchased directly via end user iTunes' accounts. While Apple doesn't control what you charge, typically, ringtones are typically sold for no more than US $1.49. Your net earnings from iTunes sales are 70% of what Zedge earns. Apple and our publishing partner take their rev share before paying us.
- Lastly, your wallpaper designs may be sold via Print On Demand (P.O.D. partners) to produce t-shirts or phone cases. These typically produce the most amount of revenue for a Zedge Premium Marketplace seller because these real-world items cost buyers the most. Of course, you will likely sell fewer of these items.
Questions? We're here to help. Contact Premium Marketplace Creator Help via our support form.