Names used on ZEDGE Premium artist pages are intended to identify a unique individual, brand or other entity. Therefore, there are a few things they cannot do:
- Impersonate a different individual, brand or any trademarked entity.
- Imply an association with such individuals, brands or trademarked entities where none exists.
- Take the name of an entire category of content, such as musical genres, holidays, Zedge content types, or other broad search terms.
Examples of prohibited names:
- Live Wallpapers
Examples of acceptable names:
- Music Power
- Ben's Christmas Stuff
- Live Wallpapers by Julia
- Taking the name of a month or other common way of featuring content is prohibited: Top Trending, Popular, Best Sellers, etc
- Combining two prohibited name types is likewise prohibited: Christmas Wallpapers, Trending Ringtones, and so on are not allowed.
- Naming a profile with repeated words, such as "Christmas Christmas" or "cat cat cat" in order to "game" the search engine, is not allowed, unless the repetition is part of an actual entity's name (for instance, if the band Duran Duran wanted to sell ringtones of their music in Zedge, they could name their profile Duran Duran).
- Generally speaking, broad category names must always be modified by an adjective or noun that makes clear this page contains a very specific subset of that category by a single Licensor.
- Additionally, names must not contain profanity or derogatory terms that express hate for or encourage violence against any race, religion, gender, or sexual orientation.