In an effort to move to more frequent royalty payments with lower minimum earnings requirements, we have partnered with Dots for payment of funds. Receiving your funds through Dots is fast and simple:
- payees receive a link via email, click the link, enter some personal info, and choose a payout method. Most choose Paypal or Payoneer, but, depending on your country you may see other options.
- Beginning in April, we moved from quarterly to monthly payments for our highest-earning artists, and expect to expand such monthly payments to even more artists with each passing month.
For royalties earned through June 30th, we expect the following to happen:
- Anyone owed $200 or more as of June 30th will receive a payment through Dots.
- Anyone owed less than $200 as of June 30th, but who earned over $100 during the month of June itself, will also receive a payment through Dots.
- These payments will be made no later than August 15th
In future months, we may lower the minimums so that anyone owed $100 or more, no matter how many months it took to earn that amount, is eligible for a payment each month.
Though payments will continue to happen monthly, each month’s payment will be for royalties earned two months previously (that is, payments for June will be made in August, payments for July will be made in September, etc).
Zedge will cover any fees imposed by Dots for payments we send through them. However, PayPal and Payoneer sometimes impose their own fees, which can vary from country to country, and sometimes even from payee to payee within a given country. Such fees will be the responsibility of each individual payee.
- 88% of payees reported no PayPal or Payoneer fees at all transferring from Dots
- 9% reported fees of $10 or less
- 3% reported fees between $10 and $20
Artists will always be notified in advance by Zedge when they should expect an email from Dots in any given month.
The first time an artist receives payment through Dots, he or she will need to provide Dots with a phone number.